COMPUTER SOCIETY OF INDIA
The CSI Students branch was inaugurated on 10th August 2009. Dr.M.A.Maluk Mohamed, Principal, M.A.M. College of Engineering, Trichy, was a Chief Guest and delivered the Inaugural address. The event was impressive by his inspiring seminar on the topic “Mobile Computing”.
The mission of CSI is to facilitate research, knowledge sharing, learning and career enhancement for all categories of IT Professionals, while simultaneously inspiring and nurturing new entrants into the industry and helping them to integrate into the IT community.
Keeping in mind the interest of the IT professionals & computer users, CSI works towards, making the profession an area of choice amongst all sections of the society. The promotion of Information Technology as a profession is the top priority of CSI today. To fulfill this objective, the CSI regularly organizes conferences, conventions, lectures and gives various awards. And at the same time it also ensures that regular training and skill updating are organised for the IT professionals.
- Access to CSI knowledge portal through Login-id and password
- Technology updates through Conferences, Seminars, Tutorials & workshop at discounted rates
- A forum for activities like Paper Presentations, Quiz, Competitions and Exhibitions
- Connecting to distinguished speakers on different technology areas
- Industry recognized CSI certification opportunities
- Eligibility to publish articles in CSI communications, journal and Whizkidd
- Eligibility to be nominated for the best Student paper in CSI communications
- Discounted membership fee for BCS, ACS and subsidized product offerings by them
- Discounted CSI & partner certification exam fees
- Interaction and collaboration with distinguished academicians, researchers and practitioners
- Opportunity to interact with Industry professionals and chalk out a career path
- Discounted registration fee for CSI conventions & seminars
- Participation in joint events of CSI with its MOU partner / Organization
- CSI Minor Research project funding up to Rs. 50000/-
CSI STUDENTS BRANCH INAUGRATION
Inaugural address by Prof.Dr.M.A.Maluk Mohamed, Principal, M.A.M. College of Engineering.
Felicitation by Principal – Prof.Dr.M.Mohamed Sitheeq.
From left: Principal – Prof.Dr.M.Mohamed Sitheeq, HOD/CSE – Prof.A.Mohamed Anwar, Chief Guest-Prof. Dr.M.A.Maluk Mohamed, HOD/ECE – Prof.M.Syed Ahamed and HOD/IT – Prof.S.Mohiadeen Abdul Kadhar
Presentation by chief guest on the topic “Mobile Computing”.
NATIONAL LEVEL WORKSHOP
A two days national level Workshop on “Free Open Source Software” on 23rd & 24th August 2012. Mr.J.Baskar, Executive of Leenux Technologies and Mr.Siva Balan, proprietor of Leenux Technologies were the resource persons.
Inaugural address by Principal – Prof.Dr.M.Mohamed Sitheeq,
NATIONAL LEVEL WORKSHOP
A two days National Level Workshop on “Network Simulation using NS-2” was organized on 10th March 2012. Mr.Mohit P. Tahiliani, Research Associate, Department of CSE, NITK, Surathkal was the resource person.
Key note address by Mr.Mohit P.Tahiliani, Research Associate, Department of CSE, NITK
From left: Chief Guest – Mr.Mohit P.Tahiliani, HOD/CSE – Prof.A.Mohamed Anwar and Principal- Prof.Dr.M.Mohamed Sitheeq.
Presentation by chief guest on “Network Simulation – NS 2”
Participants with dignitaries.
Certificate distribution to the participants
NATIONAL LEVEL SEMINAR
A One day National Level Seminar on “Recent Trends in Cloud Computing” on 17th December 2011 was organized by CSE department and Sujith R Pillai is an Associate IT Architect – Infrastructure, at IBM India Software Labs was the resource person.
Felicitation by Principal – Prof.Dr.M.Mohamed Sitheeq.
Keynote address by chief guest Mr. Sujith R. Pillai
NATIONAL LEVEL TECHNICAL SYMPOSIUM (LACORE 2G11)
A National level technical Symposium, LA’CORE-2G11 was organized on 11th October 2011. Prof Dr.Gopinath Ganapahty B.Sc.,M.C.A.,Ph.D, Director of Technology Park and Head, Department of CSE, Bharathidasan University was the Chief Guest.
From left: Chief guest-Dr. Gopinath Ganapathy, HOD/CSE – Prof.A.Mohamed Anwar and Principal- Prof.Dr.M.Mohamed Sitheeq.
Inaugural address by Principal – Prof.Dr.M.Mohamed Sitheeq
NATIONAL LEVEL WORKSHOP
One day Workshop is organized for our faculty members on “Open Source Lab using Fedora 14” on July 2nd, 2011 by Mr.Siva Balan, Staff of M/S LinuXPert systems.
NATIONAL LEVEL SEMINAR
A One day national level seminar on “Satellite and its Application” on 23rd April 2010, by Dr. Suriliyandi, Reader in Dept. of C.S.E. Manonmaniam Sundaranar University was the chief guest.
From left: Chief guest – Dr. Suriliyandi, Principal- Prof.Dr.M.Mohamed Sitheeq and HOD/CSE – Prof.A.Mohamed Anwar
Presentation by Chief guest – Dr. Suriliyandi
IETE Students Forum (ISF)
- IETE Students Forum (ISF) was inaugurated by Dr.S. Arivazhagan, Chairman, Sivakasi Sub Center, IETE and Prof & Head, Department of ECE, Mepco Shlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi on 18th September 2010.
Objectives of ISF
- To plan and organize technical programmes and activities such as special lectures, workshops, seminars, symposia, exhibitions, etc for the benefit of student members on a regular basis.
- To provide a common platform for the student members to exchange ideas and information on the topics of their interest e.g. Emerging trends & new Developments in Electronics and Communication, Placement opportunities and related training and Higher education opportunities etc.
- To facilitate technical visits / practical training / project work / employment of the student members in R&D laboratories industries academic institutions etc.
- To encourage team work and the spirit of self-reliance among the student members.
- To serve as a focal point at the institution on all aspects of professional development of the student members.
Benefits to students
- All the members of IETE Students Forum can utilize the IETE Journal of Education, IETE Technical Review, IETE Journal of Education and Journal of Research (4 issues per year) free of charge by ISF and also have priority for publishing their papers in this Journal of Education received.
- They can also subscribe for other publication of the IETE viz. IETE Journal of Research and IETE Tech Review at fifty percent of subscription rate.
- They are also welcome to attend all IETE technical programmes arranged in India at a reduced registration fee.
- Students are given concession on registration fee for becoming Associate Member of IETE
- Chief guest Dr.S. Arivazhagan, Prof & Head Department of ECE, Mepco Shlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi delivering lecture on “Pattern Recognition”
- (From left: ISF Coordinator Prof.K.A. Shahul Hameed Assoc. Prof/ECE, Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq, Principal, Dr.P.Melba Mary, Head of the Department-ECE, Students Association President- Mr. R. Deepak, Chief guest Dr.S.Arivazhagan, Professor/ECE, Mepco Shlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi)
ISTE STAFF CHAPTER
Inauguration of ISTE (Indian society for Technical Education) Staff Chapter was held in National College of Engineering (NCE), Maruthakulam, Tirunelveli, on 14.07.2009 at 10.00 AM.
The function started with the Qiraath and Prof. S. Abdul Kadher, Secretary, ISTE Staff Chapter, welcomed the gathering.
The Inaugural speech was given by Dr. S. Basil Gnanappa, Vice president, ISTE, New Delhi and Prof. Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq, Principal, National College of Engineering, Maruthakulam, Tirunelveli, presided over the function.
On behalf of ISTE Staff Chapter, a seminar on ”CLASS ROOM INTERACTION” was conducted in the afternoon session of the event on 14.07.2009 at 02.00PM. Dr. A. Calisthus, Reader in English, St. Xaviers College, Palayamkottai, was the Chief Guest.
The event was attended by all the office bearers of the society and Heads of various departments of NCE. The event was a great success and it was attended by a large number of staff members from all departments.
Around 39 faculty members of NCE are the new members of ISTE and they were also awarded with certificate of participation for the event .NCE has 125 members in ISTE as on date.
Mr. Javid, Lecturer, English, National College of Engineering delivered the vote of thanks.
Finally the function was concluded with the National Anthem.
IEEE – Institute of Electrical Electronics Engineers
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
Office Bearers [2012 – 13]
Student Branch Head : Prof. Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq, Principal
Student Branch Counselor : Prof. S. Mohiadeen Abdul Kadhar, HOD/IT
Degree, Branch & Year
Chairman S.Vishnu Ram B.E., ECE, IV Vice-Chairman A.Srirenga Nayaki B.Tech., IT, IV Treasurer B.Dinesh B.E., EEE, IV Secretary M.Shakul Hameed B.E., CSE, IV
Computer Science and Engineering Mr.K.A.Shaheer Abubacker Electronics and Communication Engineering Ms.C.Mariyal Electrical and Electronics Engineering Mr.V.Subhash Information Technology Mr.N.Narayanan Prasanth
IEEE Student Branch of NCE
IEEE Student Branch of NCE was inaugurated by Mr. T.S.Rangarajan, Vice-Chairman, IEEE Madras Section on 7th August 2010. IEEE Student Branch of NCE comes under the IEEE Madras Section.
Branch Code: 05791
School Code: 60050671
Mr. T.S. Rangarajan, Vice-Chairman, IEEE Madras Section handover the IEEE Student Certificate to Prof. Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq, Head/IEEE, Student Branch – NCE
One Day Seminar titled “Research Issues on RFID” on 7th August 2010.
One Day Seminar on “Modeling the Engineering Projects” on 7th August 2010.
- One Day Seminar titled “Research Issues on RFID” on 7th August 2010.
Resource Person: Mr. T.S.Rangarajan, Senior Consultant, TATA Consultant Services (TCS), Chennai
- One Day Seminar titled “Modeling the Engineering Projects” on 7th August 2010.
Resource Person: Dr. R.K.Selvakumar, Professor, Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar
- ICCCET 2011 – International Conference on Computer, Communication and Electrical Technology on 18th and 19th March 2011.
Conference Chair:Prof. Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq, Principal/NCE
Chief Guest:Prof. Dr. M.N. Doja, Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
Special Address:Prof. Dr. Naohiko Shimizu, Tokai University, Japan
Organized by:IEEE Student Chapter, National College of Engineering, Maruthakulam, Tirunelveli
IET (Institution of Engineering & Technology )
The IET is one of the world’s leading professional societies for the engineering and technology community, with more than 1,50,000 members in 127 countries and offices in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. IET provides a global knowledge network to facilitate the exchange of ideas and promote the positive role of science, engineering and technology in the world. The IET has a number of offices in the UK and worldwide. Their aim is to promote the work of IET around the world as well as providing facilities for members.
The IET’s flagship member magazine Engineering & Technology is published 21 times a year. The full content of each issue is offered to its members as part of the Knowledge Network.
The IET has a dynamic and expanding journals publishing program, including 20 Research Journals, Electronics Letters and Micro & Nano Letters. The journals cover the key areas of scientific practice.
IETNCE Student Chapter
- IETNCE student chapter was started in the year 2008 with 90 student members and 6 faculty Members
- The IETNCE Student Chapter has been regularly organizing various technical events for the benefit of its student members.
- Conducted a one day workshop on “Personality development” on 8th Feb. 2010
- Conducted a workshop on “Communication & Soft skills” on 19th August 2010.
- Organized an International Conference titled “International Conference on Computer, Communication and Electrical Technology – ICCCET 2011” on 18th and 19th March 2011.
- Conducted a National level seminar on “Recent trends in Cloud Computing” on 17th Dec. 2011
Dr. S. Manova Raja – Chief Guest address – Workshop on “Personality Development” 8th Feb. 2010
Dr. A. Calisthus – Chief Guest address – Workshop on “Communication & soft skills” 19th Aug. 2010
Presidential Address – Prof. Dr. M.Mohamed Sitheeq, Conference Chair, ICCCET 2011
Release of ICCCET 2011 Proceedings
Invited Talk – Prof. Dr. Naohiko Shimizu, Tokai University, Japan
Invited Talk – Prof. Dr. V.Ramachandran, Former Vice-Chancellor, Anna University of Technology, Trichy
Presidential address – Dr.M.Mohamed Sitheeq, Principal, National College of Engineering
A National level seminar on “Recent trends in Cloud computing” – 17th Dec. 2011
Keynote address – Mr.Sherif Kottapurath, CEO, i Calibrator Training Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru
Session 1- Talk by Mr.Sujith R Pillai, Associate IT Architect, IBM, Bengaluru
Session 2 Talk by Mr.Gajendran Ganesa Pandian, Staff Engineer, Paypal, Chennai
IET YPS AWARDS -2011
Principal Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq receiving the ‘IET Men Engineer’ Award for the year 2011 from Mr.Pankaj Roy, Vice President, ABB Ltd Chennai Region – IETYPS Annual conference held at Chennai on 25-09-2011.
Prof.J.H.Jaseema Yasmin of Computer Science & Engineering department receiving the ‘IET Women Engineer’ Award IET Annual conference held at Chennai on 25-09-2011.
Mr.T.Vijayakumar, II year EEE, receiving the Best project award for the year 2011 IET Annual conference held at Chennai on 25-09-2011.
Miss.S.Sri Kanjana Devi, III year ECE, receiving the 100-100 Award for the year 2011 from Mr.Pankaj Roy, Vice President, ABB Ltd Chennai Region – IET Annual conference held at Chennai on 25-09-2011.
IETNCE Student Chapter Award winners – IETYPS Chennai 2012 Awards at Hotel Benz Park, Chennai
The Institution of Engineers (India) Students’ Chapter
The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI] Students’ chapter has been established in NCE in the year 2012-13. There are totally 150 students member in this chapter. As per the IEI rules and regulation the chapter has been established for the branches CSE, ECE, EEE and IT.
The Engineering Society “IEI” elects corporate membership based on the qualification, designation and services to the engineering field. High level prestigious honour FIE (Fellow in Institution of Engineers) was conferred to our beloved Principal Prof. Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq in Aerospace Engineering.
NCE inaugurated IEI Students’ Chapter on 22.02.2013. Er. P. Rajamani, Chairman and Er. R. Ponbadi, Hon. Secretary, IEI Madurai Local Centre, Tamil Nadu were the Chief Guests of the inaugural function. Prof. Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq, Principal, presided over the function. Mr. M.M. Gowthul Alam, Associate Professor in Dept. of CSE and Advisor of IEI Students’ Chapter, organized the function.
Dignitaries on the dais during the inaugural functionFrom Left: Er. R. Ponbadi, Hon. Secretary, IEI Madurai Local Centre, Tamil Nadu, Er. P. Rajamani, Chairman, IEI Madurai Local Centre, Tamil Nadu, Prof. Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq, Principal, Mr. M.M. Gowthul Alam, Associate Professor in Dept. of CSE and Advisor of IEI Students’ Chapter, NCE. Inaugural Address by Er. P. Rajamani, Chairman, IEI Madurai Local Centre, Tamil NaduThe Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI] prestigious “Fellow in Institution of Engineers (FIE)” in Aerospace Engineering, a highest level honour conferred to Prof. Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq B.E., M.S.(IITM), Ph.D.(USA), Principal, NCE
On behalf of the IEI Society, Calcutta the Chairman of IEI Madurai local Centre Er. P. Rajamani F.I.E., issued the Fellow Certificate Prof. Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq during the IEI Students’ Chapter Inaugural function.
Er. P. Rajamani F.I.E., issuing the Fellowship certificate Prof. Dr. M. Mohamed Sitheeq, Principal, NCE.