Research comprises “creative work undertaken on a systematic basis in order to increase the stock of knowledge, including knowledge of humans, culture and society, and the use of this stock of knowledge to devise new applications”. It is used to establish or confirm facts, reaffirm the results of previous work, solve new or existing problems, support theorems, or develop new theories. A research project may also be an expansion on past work in the field. To test the validity of instruments, procedures, or experiments, research may replicate elements of prior projects, or the project as a whole. The primary purposes of basic research (as opposed to applied research) are documentation, discovery, interpretation, or the research and development (R&D) of methods and systems for the advancement of human knowledge.
The state-of-the-art “Research & Development (R&D) center” in the campus has been established in the year 2011. Our R&D center in NCE is completely aligned and integrated with the Global R&D group – effectively creating a unique, efficient, round-the-clock research platform, focused on high value research in the areas ranging from Engineering to science and technology. Many of these are interdisciplinary and bring together faculty and students from across the campus to work on complex issues. To promote interaction among faculty and students, the R&D cell hosts many conferences, seminars and workshops in various research areas. The faculties and students of NCE working obliquely to solve some of the world’s toughest problems to meet the industrial needs and the results are published as technical papers in reputed international and national; and also in various international and national conferences.
The R&D Cell of NCE signed MOU, to be an active Remote center of MHRD sponsored NMICET project run by IIT Bombay and IIT Kharagpur. The R&D Cell also signed MOU with IAETSD, New Delhi to organize international conference, Workshops, etc., periodically to enhance the awareness of students to meet industry needs and better-quality placement.
- To offer a focal point in the institution to co-ordinate R&D activities between various departments, faculty members and students with external society.
- The objective of the Research Cell varies from the advancement of theoretical knowledge to development of New technology to solve practical problems.
- To establish collaboration with other universities, research centers, and industries and to identify R&D projects, including consultancy services which could be undertaken at the institution.
- To ensure smooth functioning and effective Management of R&D at the institution.
- To organize Seminars, Symposia, Workshops, Conferences, etc.