Library is the treasure house opened for academicians, students and academic community. The central library of NCE is well established with air conditioned facilities and has a large collection of books covering various branches of Engineering and Technology, Science and Humanities and related fields.
|Periodicals||100 (National & International)|
- Free Open access
- Reference Services
- Current Awareness services
- E- Journal (Full Text) Access
- E- Books Access
- Referral Services
- New paper clipping services
- Article Alert services
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- User Orientations
- To provide quality services to the users
- To disseminate technical knowledge
- To become the best archive library and vibrant technical library
- To offer modern tools for accessing information
- To disseminate the resources among users for effective usage
- To provide strengthen and enhance the teaching, research and service.
- To promote intellectual growth and creativity by developing collections.
- To provide teaching the effective use of information resources.
- To provide excellent information resources and deliver quality services.
- To meet the requirements of academic needs of UG / PG students and faculty of the institution.
- Developing and sharing comprehensive library collection.
- Modernize the library infrastructures and ambience for readers to use the library facilities and services.
- Conduct workshop on library resources usage.
- To maintain a current and useful library collection reflecting the needs of all courses.
- NPTEL video courses
- British Council (Chennai)
- Stock area section
- Circulation Section
- Reading section
- Bounded volume section
- Report (Project) section
- Periodical Section
- New arrival section
- Reference section
- E-resources access section
- DELNET (Developing Library Network)
- Instrument Society of India
Special Features of Library:
- Fully automated with OPAC facility
- Qualified, efficient and dedicated library staff ensures the best possible information services
- Services and activities through “AUTOLIB” package
- Enriched with vast and useful collections
- Full bar coded for fast and accurate transactions
- Good ventilation, well developed infrastructure
- Standard text books and reference books by well-known authors are stocked
- Many computers are provided in digital library section for online access
- A closed circuit camera facility monitors activities across the library area
Working hours: (except Government Holidays)
Week days : 9.00 am to 7.00 pm
Sundays : 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
Important web site link