Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) was started in the year 2000 which offered the course B.E. (CSE) with a sanctioned intake of 60. PG course M.E. (CSE) was introduced in the year 2010 with student strength of 18. The department has very good infrastructure with highly equipped labs and excellent air conditioned classrooms. At present there are 11 well qualified and experienced faculty members and 4 supporting staff members. Computer Labs are fully equipped with 150 HP computers with required original software’s as per Anna University norms and are networked with three high-end servers (Firewall configured) with 32 Mbps internet connectivity.
The department offers various Intra-department and National level technical symposia, guest lectures, seminars, workshops, industrial visits and faculty development programs at regular intervals for the benefit of students and faculty members. Student Chapter on “The Institutions of Engineers (IEI)” is functioning effectively which organizes various value added programs regularly for the benefit of the students and faculty members.
The department supports various activities including:
- Organizing ISTE/IITB/IITKgp/AICTE sponsored Short Term Training Programmes
- Organizing Spoken Tutorial workshop for students
- Organizing various online webinars for faculties and students.
- Organizes various online competitive examinations conducted TCSION, etc.
- National Resource Centre of National Cyber Security Program (NCSP) for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
- B.E Computer Science and Engineering (Sanctioned intake 60)
- M.E Computer Science and Engineering (Sanctioned intake 18)