NCE always aims to eliminate or reduce all forms of environmental pollution and encourages all faculty members, staff, students and others to do the same.
The College always Raises awareness of environmental issues among its staff/students/visitors and encourages initiatives leading towards a clean environment.
We promote the 3 R’s for waste in the following order: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle and provide convenient waste collection points and guidance for the disposal of
- Electrical equipments and white goods
- Hazardous waste
We minimizes the consumption of water and enhances ground water level by
- Encouraging to report leaks and rectifying them promptly
- Progressively replacing / supplementing baths with shower facilities in hostels, staff quarters and guest houses, if needed.
- Exploring options for using waste / roof water wherever possible
- Establishing rain water harvesting schemes in all buildings of the campus
- Minimizes the consumption of electricity where opportunities arise by
- Progressive replacement of light bulbs with energy efficient ones
- Encouraging staff and residents to turn off electrical appliances when not in use
- Conserving energy by promoting the use of daylight
- Conducting frequent preventive and corrective maintenance
We adapt health, safety and environment based codes of practice and relevant guidance and comply with legislation relating to the use of chemical products.
The College has planned for hybrid (solar/wind) power systems in the campus.
An incinerator is used to dispose garbage to maintain clean and pollution free environment in the campus.
The college campus is completely free from plastic bags and cups.
Waste bins are placed at appropriate locations to maintain a clean and tidy campus.
Green campus is maintained through adequate tree plantation by the college NSS Unit and the maintenance cell.